I wanted to bring a little fun to a pair of sandals I've had for a couple years. A quick trip to the craft store, a few snips of ribbon and voilà!
I love a simple project, don't you? Here's how to do it yourself:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Thong-style sandals. This style works best since they have that center strip to tie the ribbon to.
- Ribbon. I used wired ribbon to help hold the shape.
- Cut two 6" pieces of ribbon for each sandal.
- Tie the ribbon at the top of the center strip of the sandal. One knot does the trick.
- Trim the ends of the ribbon to the length you'd like.
- Cut in a V shape to the ribbon ends to add a little extra interest.
The best part of this is you can untie the ribbon and start again. There are endless possibilities with different ribbon colors and patterns. This would also be really cute on kids sandals too.
Think you'll try it?