When I say I'm a Hunger Games fan, it's in a shameless, teenage geek-out kind of way. If you've read the books, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, start reading--you'll finish the trilogy within a week. Come on, drink the Kool-Aid! And yes, I already have my ticket for the movie. In Imax.
I made this month's mix in honor of our District 12 friends:
Without spoiler details, some of the lyrics that tie into the story:
- THE CAVE by MUMFORD & SONS: Cause I need freedom now / And I need to know how / To live my life as it's meant to be
- STADIUM LOVE by METRIC: Every living thing / Pushed into the ring / Fight it out / To wow the crowd
- BIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE by NEW ORDER: (The title speaks for itself!)
- AS YOU ARE by TRAVIS: And ever since I was young I had no choice / But it's OK to lead me on / I must admit it's not much fun / To be led on by such a one / As you are
- SONGBIRD by EVA CASSIDY: And the songbirds keep singing / Like they know the score
- LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD by PAT BENATAR: We are young / Heartache to heartache / We stand
- DO THE PANIC by PHANTOM PLANET: I guess we're all in trouble, huh? / Black clouds are upon us / And it's doomsday on the other side of town
- GIRL IN THE WAR by JOSH RITTER: Pretend the dove from above is a dragon / and your feet are on fire
- POISON ARROW by ABC: Shoot that poison arrow through my heart
- I WILL SURVIVE by GLORIA GAYNOR: (This was too easy)
What tracks would you add? If you have a suggestion, please add it below. I'd love to hear it.
Listen to the full playlist here. Enjoy!