Photograph by Hugo Burnand
What a fabulous wedding, right? Perfection! I've been dying to dish with you about it. Yesterday was a whirlwind for me. I got up super early to watch the wedding with friends and then dashed into work to design a commemorative section that ran in today's paper. I spent hours editing photos so I have seen it all! Here's the final result of my efforts:
- Kate. Just the whole package. Loved the dress, the hair, the makeup, the tiara, the simple bouquet. I wish her dress was 100% unique only so she wouldn't be compared to Grace Kelly, but I still absolutely adore it. Lace is in!
- Will. Who teared up thinking about how proud his Mummy would have been? Loved his sly looks over at his bride and his face when he first saw her. So handsome in his red jacket.
- Harry. Scene stealer! He is something else. Loved that he had a big ol' grin every time you'd see him. Looked like he had a ball with the whole thing.
- I'm a huge fan of the trees in the Abbey. An inspired idea. No flower arrangement in the world could hold up with the scale of the place. The pop of green looked so fresh with the gray stone of the church. Trees at weddings here we come!
- The trumpeters were straight up fairy-tale. I got chills every time they played.
- The hats! I have fascinator fever! We need to make this a thing in America because I'm ready to go shopping.
- The getaway car. I don't think Will and Kate could have looked any more adorable than they did in that Aston Martin. I was squealing, I'm not kidding. Love how Will was driving and the fun JU5T WED plate.
- Finally, the service was so lovely. I was particularly struck with the quote the Bishop of London used in referring to the day as the feast of Saint Catherine of Siena. So much so that I made a free 5x7 printable of it for all to enjoy and remember the day. Download the PDF here.
Check back in on Monday for my Royal Wedding Party Wrapup. I'll be sharing all of the photos that I receive of the viewing parties using my printables. So many fantastic submissions already! Thank you!